Examination JCQ Documents, Rules and Policies
- You must arrive at school 20 minutes prior to an examination at the latest.
- It is much better to leave yourself a safety margin on timings in case of problems with the journey.
- Students must not have mobile phones (either on or off), notes, MP3/4 players, iPods, wrist watches with data storage facilities, any technological/web enabled sources of information, reading pens, etc. in their possession. This is very important because if unauthorised items are found in your possession, your examination will be cancelled.
- You should bring two black pens and any other equipment needed for your examination.
- Only clear pencil cases are allowed on your desk.
- Do not use gel or any correcting pens. Bring some tissues.
- You are allowed to use a calculator, unless the question paper states otherwise.
- Calculators must be free of lids, cases and covers.
- No food or chewing gum allowed in the examination hall.
- Water bottles are allowed and you are encouraged to bring one. These should be clear bottles with a spill-proof cap.
- There should be no label on the bottle.
- You must do any rough work in the answer booklet provided. Cross out anything that you do not wish to be marked.
- There is absolutely no talking or communication between students once you enter the examination hall. If you have any questions, you should raise your hand once seated and an invigilator will come to you. You must remain silent until you leave the room.
What to do if you are ill on the day of an examination
If you are ill and unable to attend an examination it is vital you phone the school first thing in the morning (01438 726 999) to inform us and obtain further advice.
Within three days of the examination missed please bring in a medical note detailing the reason for non-attendance.
If you are feeling unwell, but still able to travel, we suggest you come to the examination and we can assess the situation then. In most cases it is better to take the examination if you can.
If you do not attend an examination without a valid reason, you will be charged for that examination.
Misreading the timetable will not be accepted as a satisfactory explanation for absence.
|Exams webpages policy documents||Date|
|Information for candidates Coursework||23rd Sep 2020||Download|
|Information for candidates Non Exam Assessments||23rd Sep 2020||Download|
|Information for candidates Onscreen tests||23rd Sep 2020||Download|
|Information for candidates Privacy Notice||23rd Sep 2020||Download|
|Information for candidates Social media||23rd Sep 2020||Download|
|Information for candidates Written exams||23rd Sep 2020||Download|
|Marriotts Examinations Policy||03rd Jun 2020||Download|
|Marriotts Internal Appeals Procedures||03rd Jun 2020||Download|
|Marriotts Non Examination Assessment Policy||03rd Jun 2020||Download|
|Personal Data Consent Privacy Notice||03rd Jun 2020||Download|
|Unauthorised Items poster||23rd Sep 2020||Download|
|Warning to Candidates Poster||23rd Sep 2020||Download|