Why choose Marriotts Sixth Form?
We are very proud of our Sixth Form provision, which is highly regarded. Students at Marriotts enjoy excellent teaching, support and extra-curricular opportunities.
The “jump” between GCSE and A Level is considerable but our students are helped to transition into the Sixth Form through a dedicated programme, beginning with a three day transition event in early July.
Our teaching staff are subject experts and share their enthusiasm and passion for the subject with students. For continuing Marriotts students, our teachers will be familiar faces who they will have known since they joined the school. We regularly meet with students and their families at information and Parents evenings.
Students also enjoy access to well-resourced classrooms as well as space for independent study in our Sixth Form Study Centre, Library or our silent study area.
Here is a taste of what we offer:
Experienced teachers and excellent range of subjects
- Dedicated, passionate staff who inspire students to achieve high levels of success
- Students follow rigorous and challenging courses that prepare them for university study and entry into the professions
- There is a strong emphasis on independent study and focussed exam practice
- Experienced A Level and BTEC teachers
- A broad range of over twenty subjects to choose from
- A timetable that is designed around student applications to maximise students being able to follow their first choice of subjects
Excellent support for university and employment applications
- Clear pathways and targeted support for students aspiring to apply to Medicine, Dentistry and Oxbridge
- Outside speakers from a range of institutions and organisations
- A high-quality tutor time programme supports applications right from the start of Y12
- In-school impartial careers advice service – all students meet with our advisor regularly
- Next Steps evening in June of Y12 features guests from universities and employers
- A comprehensive next steps mentoring programme in Year 13 to support with UCAS, apprenticeships and full time employment
Comprehensive academic and pastoral support
- Experienced friendly tutors and Sixth Form support team
- Access to more personalised support from other school professionals or external agencies as required, including our in house counselling team.
- Regular parental email contact keeping parents up-to-date with key information
- A range of family events including parents’ evenings, Sixth Form welcome evening and Progression Evening
- Tutor time and Marriotts Personal development programme that covers a broad range of key skills for study and for life
Unique and personalised Marriotts Extra enrichment programme
- All students complete a range of enrichment activities in Y12 to ensure they build up a portfolio of experience for applications by the start of Y13.
- This programme includes work experience, visits, independent reading and research, volunteering and the development of a hobby or skill.
- Various Student Leadership roles including elected roles of Head Student and Senior students, Student ambassadors, Committee leads.
- Wide-ranging extra-curricular activities available including football team, sport, drama productions, LGBTQ+ society.