- Sixth Form
Marriotts Sixth Form offers an extremely broad and balanced curriculum, including a large range of courses, allowing students to select a bespoke programme to provide them with the experience and qualifications they need to move to their chosen next step. In addition, all students take part in the extensive Marriotts Extra curriculum which covers all aspects of learning needed to prepare students for their next steps, including a thorough Careers Information and Guidance programme and a carefully planned out UCAS process. See the links to the left for further information.
In the Sixth Form, students will be expected to complete a minimum of 1 hour of independent study/homework for each hour of taught lessons; in many cases, more than 1 hour per lesson will be required in order that students are able to achieve their target grades.
At least one component of this per week will be formally set on Show My Homework, reviewed and monitored, as 'homework'. The remainder will be independent study, guided by the class teacher.
Homework and independent study set will include, but not be limited to:
- Completing exercises from textbooks or online resources, based on recently covered material AND cycling back through previously learnt content
- Writing essays/exam style answers about recently covered material AND cycling back through previously learnt content
- A key focus should be on synopsis wherever possible and relevant
- Reading material such as articles, textbook content or online material, which will then be discussed/questioned/tested on in lesson
- Completing formal exam questions
- Creating knowledge organisers/mind maps
- Applying a mark scheme to a sample answer
- Completing coursework
- Completing interactive self-marking quizzes
- Completing or writing multiple choice tests.