Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-Up PremiumBack to Key Information
Our vision goes beyond just narrowing this gap and we are determined to ensure that all students, irrelevant of background or prior attainment, have the qualifications and attributes necessary to succeed and reach their full potential. Our mission statement; Aim High, Work Hard, Be Kind, underpins the ethos for all students at Marriott
Overview of Expenditure:
Marriotts School received £23 000 Catch Up Funding in 2020/21.
The school identified the following activities and support for funding:
- Quality first teaching and learning, resources and support to ensure consistent practice across all key groups, staffing support and leadership.
- Catch up numeracy. This included TAs to work with students on their numeracy skills.
- Sound training for reading
- TRUGs software to enhance the small group literacy intervention
- Further resources for literacy interventions, games, books and software
- Trips and rewards to recognise and enhance learning experiences of some targeted students
- Contribution to key staff positions to raise the maths achievement in Key Stage 3 by administering 1:2:1 and or small group sessions in numeracy.
- Improve the reading ages of the catch up student cohort by administering a bespoke programme of reading support
Full details including the impact of our expenditure and our 2021/22 plan is attached below.
- Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-Up Premium